- To promote Appraisal excellence and professionalism.
- To educate the public on the importance of work performed by assessing officers.
- To improve the standards of present assessing practice, engaging in research and the publication of the results of these studies.
- To elevate the standards of personnel requirements in assessment offices.
- To establish a clearinghouse to collect and distribute useful information to further cooperate with public and private agencies interested in a concerted effort for improving tax administration.
- To work for justice, equity, and uniformity within the tax structure and the distribution of same.
- To advance the objectives of the IAAO in the jurisdictional area of the Chapter.